Content

[Day 6] - Marathon Training

Thursday, October 13, 2011
I was actually somewhat anticipating for today's exercise training.

My exercise consisted of:
A brisk five-minute warmup walk, then a jog for two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

During my first week of training I was able to hold a 15 minutes constant jog.  So I assumed that adding an extra 5 minutes should have not been a problem for me.  I did not have any problems during my first 5 minutes of running.  However, it began to get harder (as in a mental challenge) after the 5 minutes.  By the 18 minute mark, I was ready to increase my speed to 6.1 to finish my last two minutes.  Then again, I pushed myself and ran for 23 minutes.  Originally, I was actually hoping to push myself to 25 minutes, but I became extremely dehydrated and my contacts was getting fuzzy and dry.

Today marks my first time being able to run 20 minutes non-stop and running over 2 miles non-stop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment