Content

[Day 3] - Marathon Training

Thursday, October 6, 2011
What an amazing day with a new accomplishment and achievement.  To be honest when I look back at today's training I do not know how it was even possible.  I think what kept me on was my determination and will.

As usual I began with a 5 minute brisk walk at a speed of 3.5 and my legs felt fine with no tension because I stretched for about 10 minutes. 

During 3 minute run my left knee wanted to fail me and I wanted to stop my training.  However, as dumb as it sounds I kept moving forward with my training because I wanted to see how my body would react after the 90 second walk break.  Unfortunately, my knee pain got worse during the 5 minute jog for about 2 minutes into the run.  What made it interesting was that it went from my left knee to my right calf and it went away after my 3 minute walk break.  (Yes, I know I took a slightly longer walk break than the program has it.)

What made me extremely happy today was that I was able to hold a 15 minute non-stop run and completed my training over a distance of 3 miles.  Usually it would be around a 30 minute training and ending with a distance of 2 or 2 1/2 miles.  I am glad that I pushed myself to see whether or not I could hold a run for more than 7 or 8 minutes. 

I can now say I have successfully completed a week's training of the 5k training program. 

I cannot wait to do next week training. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment