Content

[Day 1] - Of Marathon Training

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
[Self-Portrait] 16-1 by http://ainguyenphotography.photoshelter.com/
Website
New Goal, New Hobby, & A New Beginning

Strobist Info:
SB-900 fired at 1/2th through umbrella front
Triggered by on-board flash at 1/128th
[Self-Portrait] 16-1, a photo by http://ainguyenphotography.photoshelter.com/ on Flickr.
Today was my first day on the 5k training program. After last Sunday I felt comfortable being able to run for more than 5 minutes non-stop. Therefore, I decided today that I will start on the 4th week of the training program instead of the 1st week training.

This training consist of:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

To be honest, before my training I was afraid that my knee and feet would fail me. I felt a little tension in my knee before hand. However, to make sure that I stretch out properly, I stretch out twice (2 times before running and 2 times after running). The first set of stretch was 20 seconds then when repeated again 10 seconds.

Hopefully my leg will be up to par for tomorrow's training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment