Content

[Day 4] - Marathon Training

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Today I started my week 5 training of the 5k training program. 

My training consisted of:
A Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)


However, on the last jog I pushed myself to run at a speed of 6.1 for 10 minutes.  The only drawback of my training today was that I did not walk off my run for about 1/4 of a mile and I did not fully stretch afterwards.  I will never do that again no matter whatever comes up.  Without doing that after my exercise I felt horrible.

Hopefully, playing basketball for an hour did not mess up my left ankle for tomorrow's training.  The pressure and ache that I felt after playing basketball is slowly going away.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment