Content

Filming Adventure Week 6

Thursday, February 11, 2010
Supposedly today was suppose to rain based on the weatherman daily five weather report. However, the clouds had change and it became sunny again which is a good thing.

Originally I was going to use a Canon DV camcorder today because my sister rented one by accident. In the end I had the chance to use my favorite camcorder, the Sony handycam HDD. Honestly, I would not mind using the Canon dv cam. Since I had extra dv tapes I might as well use them and having an opportunity to test out a new camcorder is hard to say no to.

Today's guest speaker was Dr. America Bracho who addressing Latino Health. She is an amazing speaker. Her speech is very firm that delivers a powerful blow on the students. Not only that she also interacts with the crowd of students. It was a privilege to film her.

The Sony handycam is heavy and big compared to most camcorders; therefore, it had tip downwards. Despite being able to capture every moment of her lecture I had technical difficulties. While filming I had to reposition the camera multiple time because it kept tipping downwards. I was also caught off guard a few time when she started to move again when she was interacting with the crowd of students.

Overall, great capture with a few bumps here and there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment