Content

Filming Adventure Week 5

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unfortunately, I was unable to get my hands on a HD camcorder for this week. I was really hoping to get the SONY handycam again. As a back up I have a JVC DV tape camcorder. Despite, not being a hard drive based camcorder it gets the job done. However, dv tapes can get a little pricey since four dv tapes can cost around sixteen dollars or more.

Today's guest speaker, Dr. Kuon is one of my favorite speaker! Therefore, it was my honor and pleasure to film his speech on international medicine.

As much as your trying to run things smoothly there are always a few bumps here and there. Despite charging the battery, it was not full and the speech was going to start in just a few minutes. I was unable to film the introduction because I was not going to risk the battery dying in the middle of filming. Therefore, I ran frantically trying to find an extension power cord. Fortunately, I had my sister do the filming while I was gone.

For this speech I had brought my camera to take pictures of the guest speaker. However, learning from my previous experience with filming and taking pictures I had one of the coordinators take pictures while I filmed.

I was a little sad that I was unable to record his speech in HD.

Overall, it was an amazing experience!

Memo:
-The camcorder itself is a little too heavy for the stand and tip back

0 comments:

Post a Comment