Content

Filming Adventure 7

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today my sister was presenting the guest speaker. Our guest speakers for today was Eric Handler, M.D. and Paul Leon, R.N. and their topic address Health Care Issues with Homeless Children. Their speech was are very inspiration and touching.

Today I was unable to get my hands on a HDD camcorder therefore, I had to use a DV camcorder. There is absolutely nothing wrong about using a mini DV cam. It is just that I wish I could have used a HDD cam to capture this speech.

I had a choice between the JVC mini DV cam or a Canon mini DV cam. I chose the Canon over the JVC because I wanted to try something new. It was a horrible mistake and I really regret the choice that I made. The zoom on the Canon was horrible... It had a quick zoom instead of a steady slow zoom. No matter how I gently moved the zoom trigger it kept zooming fast. The quality is mediocre.

This time I had no issue with the tripod since the Canon camcorder was so small and compact. Instead the issue I had was the zoom.

Memo:
Stick with the JVC next time if I have to use a DV cam

0 comments:

Post a Comment