Content

[Day 10] - Marathon Training

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
After running on the track for three times with a duration of ten minutes, I decided to try the treadmill today.  Although my shin still hurts the last few run on the track, I felt there was an improvement after a long shin stretch/warm up.  

Today was a new beginning for me and it sure felt great and brought a big smile on my face.  I was able to carry on a non-stop run for 20 minutes at the speed of 6.  This was an overall improvement since the last time I was able to run.  My speed has increase to a constant speed of 6 (a .3 speed increase) and it was only 5 minutes shorter than my old time duration.  I was extremely cautious when I ran on the treadmill today.  Ironically my right shin began to hurt instead of left one within the first 5 minutes.  I am glad that I kept pushing on because the pain slowly went away after I hit the 15 minute mark.  

My workout routine consisted of:

Streches
4 minutes of my usual stretch
5 minutes of stretches focusing on just my shine

Track
3 laps around the track (walking)

Treadmill
5 minute warm-up walk
20 minutes non-stop run/jog
3 minutes walk

Track
3 laps (walking)

3 sets of 30 sits ups
3 sets of 10 push ups
         

0 comments:

Post a Comment