Content

[Day 9] - Marathon Training

Wednesday, November 2, 2011
For the first time in three weeks, I was able to hold a 10 minute non-stop light run.  This made me incredibly happy and brought a smile on my face.  

Although, I have to start over from scratch and build up my endurance and stamina again, I am up and ready to tackle this obstacle.  The last two weeks has been very tough on me because my shin has been failing me with tremendous painful shin-splints.  I was unable to hold a run that was longer than 5 minutes.  No matter how much I increase my running speed, my max duration was 5 minutes before my shin would begin to hurt.  I began to feel very discouraged.  

However, today I wanted to push myself to see if I could run again.  So instead of running on the treadmill, this time I ran on the track.  Although, I still felt pain in my shin, it was not as painful as running on treadmill.  

My workout today consisted of:
5-10 minute warm up stretch
10 minute non-stop run/jog (track)
3-5 minute walk
15 minute row machine
3-5 minute walk
2 High Intense Interval (sprinting)
3-5 minute walk
1 mile on the elliptical 
3-5 minute walk

My running mate today was Henry Tang.  Props to him for sprinting at an avg of 32 seconds per interval.

0 comments:

Post a Comment