Content

Spring Break Adventure 2

Saturday, March 27, 2010
Day 2
(Saturday)

Today I went to the San Diego Zoo. Usually going to the zoo would not cross the mind of a college student. Especially to a group of guys, but it however, cross our mind!

Never wear jeans and dark colors on a dark day! A hat is a must! Well I was going to wear shorts and flip flops...

The Zoo was at a reasonable price for us college students. For around $40 we had unlimited access to the sky lift (I forgot what this was called) and a bus tour. One thing I have to comment about the park is that the food they sell is totally a rip off! Come on $30+ for two drinks and two Churros!!

It seem like the zoo is a photographers' paradice... So many people with entry level DSLRs and a few people with prosumer DSLRs. After trying animal photography or nature photography I found out it was not my thing. Since I specialize in portraiture and still-life/abstract photography. Maybe if I had a 200mm or 300mm telephoto lens, it would have been better! But, that focal length would be useless for me if I bought one. I would not use it often enough.

Memo
It was a 2 hour drive there... well we hit rush hour (around 10 AM!! unbelievable...)
No traffic after 730PM (Thank God!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment