Content

Filming Adventure Week 3

Thursday, January 21, 2010
Despite it was pouring down hard along with strong winds, I had to bring my filming equipment. As they all say "The show must go on".

I was really worried and concern that my equipment would get wet and it would get damage from being wet. I was lucky enough that my equipment was nice and dry from point A to point B.

Unlike last time where everything went terrible wrong from the beginning then running smoothly, this time it was more organized. I was able set up before the guest speaker arrived and was able to capture everything, except the introduction because of miscommunication.

The guest speaker I was filming this time was Dr. Gibbs who was addressing the topic on geriatric.

The camera that I was using this time was a Canon Vixia like the first time I was filming. Although, I got my hands on a previous camera used before, I shot in standard instead of high def to compensate hard drive space. Before I was provided with a 32gb memory card while this time was provided with a 16gb. I also changed the camcorder setting a bit. As a result this time the quality came out mediocre compared to the previous capture. The camera shake was more visible this time.

As an improvement I will
1) shoot in Hi Def instead of standard (the imported video size was equivalent to the hi def size)
2) not tweak the settings

Self-Reminder
-Splitting the video up was a great idea while filming!
-Guest speaker using the mic had a tad bit effect in audio level
-Increase the class lighting at least to 75% or 100% to reduce noise level/grainy

0 comments:

Post a Comment