Content

Filming Adventure Week 1

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It was my first day filming again in about almost a year now since I last film. However, unlike the previous time where I was shooting a movie and producing it; this time it I was filming in a totally different environment and scenario. It was to film guest speakers for a class hosted by Diversity in Medicine at UCI.

Our first guest speaker was Dr. Montoya who was speaking about "What is diversity in medicine?".

The camera I was using was a Canon Vixia which was a nice small portable camera that had the capability to shoot in Hi Def. The drawback was importing the film into the computer. I found out from forums and from myself that the only way to import the film was through IMOVIE by Apple. (I tried using Final Cut and Premiere and It did not work) The alternative was to find a program that would translate the file into either mpg, avi, mov. However, that would be such a hassle.

I was a little shaky at first while filming from running back and forth caring and bring supplies. Therefore, I was afraid that the film would come out shaky. Also it was hard to film and take photos of the guest speaker at the same time.

When everything was exported I found out that the Canon Vixia had an amazing image stability capability. Even though I shook the camera a few times by accident, the image came out crisp and you can hardly notice the shake. (very smooth) However, many editing need to be done to the film itself before finalizing it.

Despite increasing it over 12dB+ the volume was horrible! I suggest that the upcoming guest speaker use the mic.

Overall, it was a great first time experience!

A keynote, DSLRs can get very noisy and distracting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment